OUR CLASSESThe classes are small (6 people) to ensure individual attention and are led by Chartered Physiotherapists who are experienced in the rehabilitation of women’s health conditions such as pelvic girdle pain and pelvic floor dysfunction. You will be assessed prior to commencing a class to establish suitability for participation and to ensure that the exercises that you do are both safe and appropriate for your needs.
WHO IS IT DESIGNED FOR?
ANTE NATAL CLASSYou must be at least 16 weeks pregnant.
POST NATAL CLASS6-8 weeks following delivery.
BENEFITS OF PILATES (in ante and post natal periods)
- Promoting awareness and correction of common postural changes associated with pregnancy.
- Improved mobility and strength of the mid-upper back (thoracic spine) which is an area that often gets stiff and weakened during pregnancy.
- Strengthening of the gluteal (buttock) muscles which in turn promote low back and pelvic stability.
- Improved function of the pelvic floor muscles.
- Positive physical and mental effects of exercise during this time.
ANTE/POST NATAL PILATES CLASSESSmall classes, 6 people.You will be assessed prior to commencing a class to establish suitability for participation.
TO BE ELIGIBLE
- ANTE NATAL CLASS: you must be at least 16 weeks pregnant.
- POST NATAL CLASS: 6-8 weeks following delivery.
Classes temporarily suspended due to COVID.