We provide a specialist postnatal assessment recommended for all women following delivery – whether 6 weeks or many years after.
Already part of every new mother’s standard postnatal rehabilitation in France, trained specialists assesses the strength and function of the tummy and pelvic floor muscles to help prevent long-term childbirth related complaints.
- 1-hour assessment with a Specialist Post-natal Health
- In depth check of pelvic floor strength
- In depth check of tummy gap
- Assessment of any physical problems arising from pregnancy and birth
- A bespoke post-natal recovery programme devised especially for you, your lifestyle and fitness goals. This includes specific and safe post-natal exercises to improve stability, posture and core strength
What is common but not normal after birth?
- It’s not normal to leak when you cough or run
- It’s not normal to have pain during sex
- It’s not normal to have a gap in your tummy muscles
- It’s not normal to have ongoing pelvic pain or debilitating constipation
Who needs a Postnatal Assessment?
After having a baby, half of all women have a weakness in either their tummy or pelvic floor area – over a third suffer with chronic pelvic pain. This creates instability and poor core strength and results in altered transfer load, back pain, pelvic pain, bladder and bowel weakness.
A Postnatal assesment helps women avoid these distressing and often embarrassing symptoms. The assessment by a specialist physiotherapist of the tummy gap and pelvic floor will enable the creation of a bespoke post-natal recovery programme plan devised especially for the woman, her lifestyle and fitness goals, including specific and safe post-natal exercises to regain stability and optimum function.